LiFePO4 battery is a new type of battery, which has the advantages of large capacity and long life. Safety issues are one of the most concerned issues when using LiFePO4 power station, and there are many influencing factors. Proper use of LiFePO4 power station can not only extend the life of the power station, but also protect the health and safety of consumers. In order to use the product better and more safely, please read the instruction manual carefully.
The use environment of LiFePO4 power station
The operating environment temperature of LiFePO4 power station should be suitable, the temperature is 0~40℃, and the relative humidity is not more than 75% in a clean, dry and ventilated environment. Avoid contact with corrosive substances and keep away from fire and heat sources.
LiFePO4 power station discharge precautions
The LiFePO4 batter pack of the LiFePO4 power station has an over-current protection function. When the current of the electrical equipment exceeds the maximum output current of the LiFePO4 batter pack, the over-current protection circuit will act and the electrical equipment will appear to be unable to work normally.
Precautions for daily use of LiFePO4 power station
The output of the discharge terminal is not controlled by the switch on the panel, and the output is turned off only when the battery voltage is lower than 9.0V. The switch on the panel controls the output of the display and USB socket. When the switch is turned on and the battery voltage is ≤9.1V, the display will flash at a frequency of one second and one second to remind you that you should charge in time, when the battery voltage is ≤9.0V When the display goes out and the USB socket closes the output, the purpose is to protect the lithium battery from over-discharge. This is the process of the microprocessor on the control board going to sleep. You need to manually turn off the switch, and turn on the switch when the battery voltage is ≥9.1V. Only then can the microprocessor be awakened, the display screen can display the battery voltage value, and the USB has a 5V output. Although this product has output short-circuit protection function, in daily use, the + and-power output should not be short-circuited frequently.
Maintenance and maintenance of LiFePO4 power station
(1) After completing the installation of the battery according to the installation manual, before the battery is discharged for the first time, the battery should be fully charged before use. After the battery is fully charged and discharged 3 to 5 times, the battery can reach its maximum capacity.
(2) When the battery power is low, it should be charged in time, which will help to extend the battery life. If the battery is not charged in time, leaving the battery in a state of lack of power for a long time will affect the service life of the battery. If the battery needs to be stored for a long time, it is best to keep the battery in a half-charged state, and charge the battery once every 2 months, and the charging time is one hour.
(3) The battery should be installed in a ventilated, dry and clean environment; fire sources and flammable materials should be avoided when charging, and the load should be disconnected (turn off electrical equipment).
(4) The working environment temperature of the battery is 5～40℃ (the best working environment temperature is 15～35℃). If it is outside this temperature range, the performance of the battery may change. The intuitive performance is the change of battery capacity. Or the equipment running time changes, this is normal.
(5) Organic solvents cannot be used to clean the battery casing. When an accidental fire occurs in the battery, carbon dioxide cannot be used to extinguish the fire. Instead, fire extinguishing equipment such as carbon tetrachloride or sand should be used to extinguish the fire.
(6) The battery is a consumable, and the battery life is limited. Please replace the battery in time when the battery capacity is lower than 80% of the rated capacity.
Pay attention to the use of the charger
Proper and reasonable charging is good for prolonging the life of the battery pack, and brutal charging will have a great impact on the battery life.
LiFePO4 power station is strictly prohibited from charging from the discharge terminal, and must be charged from the charging socket with the matching special charger. If the original charger is broken, it is best to buy the original charger. The original model is always more suitable and safer. When the charging indicator bar on the charger stops scrolling, please remove the charging plug in time to avoid overcharging the battery.
LiFePO4 power station storage note
Different fully charged lithium battery packs have different aging effects. The more fully charged the battery, the more severe its capacity loss. Therefore, for the lithium battery pack that will be idle, the recommended charging level is 40%.
When you get the LiFePO4 power station and want to use it officially, you need to charge it, because when the LiFePO4 power station is stored, the power cannot be overfilled, and overfilling will cause severe capacity loss. Therefore, the charging precautions of LiFePO4 power station are still more practical during the use of LiFePO4 battery.
Although there are many precautions for the use of LiFePO4 power station, in the actual use process, even if we make those trivial and small mistakes, it will not cause much impact. However, it is better to use the LiFePO4 power station in the correct way. Only in this way can the service life of the LiFePO4 power station be extended as much as possible and the safety of its use can be guaranteed.