The correct charging method of the LiFePO4 Power Station battery pack will be displayed in seconds. In recent years, portable electronic products are developing towards lightweight and ultra-miniaturization, and portable electronic products have begun to use LiFePO4 batteries with excellent safety performance. Because of its unique advantages, LiFePO4 battery has become more and more widely used. The charging method of LiFePO4 Power Station battery pack is different from ordinary lithium battery. Let me introduce the correct charging method for LiFePO4 Power Station battery pack!
Basic composition of LiFePO4 Power Station battery pack
LiFePO4 battery pack universal charging module is composed of charging current sampling circuit, charging switch tube, integrated control circuit, charging voltage sampling circuit and other parts, as shown. The charging sampling circuit can set the constant charging current of the charging module according to the capacity of the LiFePO4 battery pack to be charged.
LiFePO4 Power Station battery pack charging method
1. Constant voltage charging method: During the charging process, the output voltage of the charging power supply remains constant. As the state of charge of the LiFePO4 battery pack changes, the charging current is automatically adjusted. If the specified voltage is constant, it can not only ensure the full charge of the power battery, but also minimize gas and water loss. This charging method only considers the change in the single state of the battery voltage, and cannot effectively reflect the overall charging status of the battery. Its initial charging current is too large, often causing damage to the power battery. In view of this shortcoming, constant voltage charging is rarely used.
2. Constant current charging method: During the entire charging process, the charging current is kept constant by adjusting the output voltage. Keep the charging current constant, the charging rate is relatively low. The constant current charging control method is simple, but because the acceptable current capacity of the lithium battery pack gradually decreases with the progress of the charging process, in the later stage of charging, the power battery receiving capacity decreases, and the charging current utilization rate is greatly reduced. The advantages of this method are simple, convenient, and easy to implement, and the charging power is easy to calculate.
3. Constant current and constant voltage charging method: This charging method is a simple combination of the above two. The constant current charging method is used in the first stage to avoid excessive charging current at the beginning of constant voltage charging. The second stage adopts the constant voltage charging method to avoid the phenomenon of overcharging during constant current charging. LiFePO4 battery pack is the same as any other sealed rechargeable battery. It is necessary to control the charging and not overcharge, otherwise the battery will be easily damaged. LiFePO4 battery generally adopts the charging method of constant current first and then voltage limit.
4. Chopping wave charging method: Use the chopping method to charge. In this method, the current of the constant current source is unchanged, and the switch tube is controlled to turn on for a period of time and then turn off for a period of time, cyclically. The advantage of this method is that when the battery is charged through an external circuit, The ion generation inside the battery requires a certain response time. If it is continuously charged, its capacity potential may be reduced. After charging for a period of time, adding a turn-off time can allow the ions produced at the two poles of the battery to have a diffusion process, giving the battery a time to "digest", which will greatly increase the utilization rate of the battery and improve Charging effect.
LiFePO4 Power Station battery pack charging method
1. The charger of LiFePO4 battery is different from ordinary lithium battery. The highest termination charging voltage for lithium batteries is 4.2 volts; LiFePO4 battery is 3.65 volts. The safe working voltage range of lithium battery is 2.8~4.2V, lower or higher than this voltage range, the lithium ions in the battery become very unstable, and even cause accidents. In order to ensure that the LiFePO4 battery is in a safe range, a special charger is required. These chargers will automatically adjust the charging method according to the current state of the battery.
2. It is recommended to use the CCCV charging method for LiFePO4 battery charging, that is, first constant current and then constant voltage. The recommended constant current is 0.3C. Constant voltage recommendation 3.65. That is, 0.3C current charge in the constant current process, when the battery voltage reaches 3.65V, use 3.65V voltage constant voltage charge, when the charging current is lower than 0.1C (or 0.05C), stop charging, that is, the battery is already full.
3. When charging, the charger is best to choose the original special charger, otherwise it will affect or damage the LiFePO4 battery.
4. Avoid charging at excessively high temperatures. If LiFePO4 battery is used in an environment higher than the specified operating temperature, that is, 35°C or higher, the power of the battery will continue to decrease, that is, the battery's power supply time will not be as usual. long.
Advantages of LiFePO4 Power Station battery pack
1. Ultra-long life: The power battery with LiFePO4 as the cathode material has a cycle life of more than 2000 times.
2. Fast charging and discharging: It can be charged and discharged quickly with 2C high current.
3. Safe to use: LiFePO4 Power Station battery pack will not explode even in the worst traffic accidents, and has undergone strict safety tests.
4. High temperature resistance: LiFePO4 battery has a thermal peak value of 350~500℃, a wide operating temperature range (-20~+75℃), and can still release 100% capacity under high temperature (60℃).
5. Lighter weight and smaller size: The volume of the lithium iron phosphate battery pack of the same capacity specification is only 2/3 of the lead-acid battery, and the weight is only 1/3 of the lead-acid battery.
6. No memory effect: Ni-MH batteries, Ni-Cd batteries, and lead-acid batteries all have memory properties, but LiFePO4 batteries do not have this phenomenon. No matter what state the battery is in, it can be used as soon as it is charged without first being fully charged.
The above is the charging method and requirements of LiFePO4 Power Station battery pack. When charging and discharging, the current of the charger and the general current load of the electrical appliance are required to be within the specified range. The same is true for the LiFePO4 Power Station in our ITEHIL power station series. The correct use of lithium batteries, to improve their reliability and operating efficiency, to ensure the safety of the battery, and to extend the service life of the battery has important practical engineering significance. The same goes for our ITEHIL power station.